The Pride of Pensacola! The US Navy Blue Angels is the flight demonstration team stationed at NAS Pensacola. Keep reading to find out the best way to catch them in action this Summer!
Perdido Key Practices
You can avoid the traffic of the Pensacola Beach show and see the Blue Angels practice right here in Perdido Key! You can catch the show at the Naval Aviation Museum on NAS Pensacola - buy really all you have to do is LOOK UP! Typically starting at 11:30am, check the schedule as practice days can change at any time.
2019 Show Schedule
The Blue Angels spend each year, from March to November, performing in various air shows across the country. Their spectacular stunts make them the feature performance wherever they go! Check out their Show Schedule to see the US Navy Blue Angels near you!
5 Facts about The Blue Angels!
- There have been 8 different aircraft flown by the Blues over the years and they currently fly the F/A-18 Hornet.
- The highest speed flown in a show is 700 mph - but the max for the F/A-18 Hornet is 1400mph!
- "The Blues" fly an average of 70 different shows a year...all over the US and also Internationally.
- Created in 1946, the Blue Angels are the 2nd oldest
- precision formation flying team in the world!
- In some formations, the jets fly as close as 18 inches apart!